GoPro Mounts

Anything and everything kayak fishing the Great Lakes region.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

GoPro Mounts

Postby ODonnell131 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Hi, new GoPro user here. Just curios how some of you mount your camera what products you like and dislike? Anything will help. If you have pictures that would be great too. I have a wilderness systems ride 115x thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ODonnell131

Re: GoPro Mounts

Postby fisheater » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/user/JPFraser1980

Check some of these out, you should get some good ideas. Salmax' videos are really good, but he is great guy. When he sees your post he will probably have lots of good ideas for you.
BTW if you ever get one of those fancy underwater cameras, be sure to hang a couple of hooks on it.
Good luck!
fisheater

Postby salmax » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:47 pm

ODonnell131 wrote:Hi, new GoPro user here. Just curios how some of you mount your camera what products you like and dislike? Anything will help. If you have pictures that would be great too. I have a wilderness systems ride 115x thanks!

Thanks Bob, check is in the mail.

ODonnell first off, welcome! My main advise would be that you don't need to purchase anything overly exspensive or from any particular brand name. Simple mounting using pvc pipe and ram mounts works wonders and you can customize to your own liking. There are a bazillion products out there for camera mounts it seems and most of them are great for different uses. Just keep in mind what you will be using your camera, or cameras, for. Are you using a remote? If so, you can mount the camera out of reach without worry. I can't say enough about ram mounts. I own a ton of them. They work for what I want out of my cameras, but not everyone is like me.
Like Bob so kindly suggested in the link above, check out a couple of my kayak videos to see where the camera shots are coming from. It's really simple stuff, and I wouldn't mind answering any question you have about the subject. For me, my best friends are Ram mounts. And you can customize anything off of them you need. Very budget friendly too. Good luck.

http://www.rammount.com/device/camera-mounts

Jason
salmax

Postby ODonnell131 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:14 pm

Does ram mounts carry anything that works with the slide track on wilderness systems? I kinda looked a little today and didn't see anything

ODonnell131

Postby salmax » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:32 am

salmax

Postby ODonnell131 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:16 am

Thx appreciate it!

ODonnell131

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to General Kayak Fishing