WHICH IS BEST KAYAK FOR POND FISHING?

Anything and everything kayak fishing the Great Lakes region.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

WHICH IS BEST KAYAK FOR POND FISHING?

Postby charleswilbourn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:17 am

Hi, I am Charles. Fishing is not my profession it's my hobby. I want to know which is the best kayak for pond fishing. There are many kinds of kayak's in the market but which is best I don't know. I want to buy a kayak for fishing but I am confused which is best for pond fishing experts help me.
Charles Wilbourn
charleswilbourn

Re: WHICH IS BEST KAYAK FOR POND FISHING?

Postby jsnow » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:33 pm

How big/small of a pond are we talking? If it's under 20 acres I'd look for a 10' or 11' kayak. Something short and nimble. Are you looking to stand in it? Is internal storage important? How long of trips do you see yourself taking (this becomes inportant when deciding on what kind of seat you should have). How tall are you? What kind of weight capacity do you need?

Without knowing what you really need of it, I would think the Jackson Coosa would be a good kayak for ponds. It's on the lighter side, has a nice seat, decent storage, fairly stable, and turns on a dime.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
jsnow

Postby jsnow » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:45 pm

The nucanoe frontier 10 would be another good one to look at.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
jsnow

Postby Sansan1337 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Depending on how much you're willing to spend, but I'd highly recommend the Wilderness Systems ATAK 120. But nothing can really beat going to a demo day at a dealer and getting into several different kayaks and trying them out for yourself. One kayak might suit one person better than another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wilderness Systems Pro Staff
HOOK1 Fishing Team

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sansan1337
Sansan1337

Postby charleswilbourn » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:17 am

Thank you guys for your's suggestion I am totally new in fishing It's my hobby that's why I want to join fishing. That's why I want to be sure which kayak is best for fishing. Thanks guys give me the better idea
Charles Wilbourn
charleswilbourn

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to General Kayak Fishing