2016 No-Mo Kayak Fishing Tournament
Sunday, May 15th 2016
The No-Mo Charity Kayak Fishing Tournament is the largest charity kayak fishing tournament in the state of Michigan. Organized by Chris LeMessurier of Kayak Fish the Great Lakes, this tournament is based out of southeastern Michigan and attracts anglers from all over the Great Lakes region of the US and Canada. But this tournament isn’t just about the anglers, it’s about giving to a great cause. All the proceeds from the registration fees to the raffle tickets benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. It also wouldn’t be possible without the generosity of our great sponsors. The tournament has gained in popularity since 2010, growing to over 70 registered kayak anglers in 2014. We hope that you can help make this year an even greater success.
Rules and Information
Saturday – May 14th at 4 pm
Sunday – May 15th, no later than 4 pm
Kensington Metropark – Shore Fishing Parking Area
2240 W. Buno Road, Milford, MI 48380
- Have fun and help others to have fun.
- All participants MUST wear a PFD at all times while fishing/paddling.
- All paddle-craft are welcome (no motors, electric or gasoline).
- Artificial baits/lures only. No live bait may be used.
- Any/all Michigan waters may be fished. Bodies of water must be publically accessible (no private lakes or otherwise inaccessible by public).
- Fishing starts at “safe light” Sunday May 15th (determined at Captains Meeting).
- Launch locations must be publicly accessible (no private launches or put-ins).
- Catch-Photo-Release format, therefore all fish should be handled carefully and released.
- An identifier will be handed out at the Captains Meeting and MUST be visible in all photos.
- The angler’s kayak, canoe, etc. must be visible in all photos.
- Stringers, open mouths, and pinched tails are allowed, but complete length must we clearly visible.
- Fish lengths are rounded to the nearest 1/2 inch if using an smart phone, 1/4 inch if using a digital camera with removable storage media.
- Submitted photos must be able to be uploaded to the tournament management system via smart phone or judge’s computer at weigh-in.
- An angler can “weigh” one fish from each category (see categories below). For example, a 15″ smallmouth + 22″ pike + 12″ perch = 49 total inches.
- An angler cannot win multiple divisions (Slam Division, Bass Division, Biggest Fish).
- Prizes are generously donated by sponsors and therefore cannot be sold publically.
- All State of Michigan fishing seasons, regulations and laws must be followed by participants.
- Participant must be at weigh-in and in line by 4 pm Sunday.
- Only Hawg Trough rulers may be used (available to borrow at captains meeting).
- All ties will be broken by the date of registration; the tie-breaker goes to the earlier date.
Slam Categories (one fish from each)
Three Ways To Win
– Slam Division –
A “slam” is achieved by catching 3 fish from 3 separate categories. The sum of the length of an angler’s 3 fish is the score. The highest score wins.
Tarpon 130X or $500 cash
Remaining prize not selected
Kayak Bass Fishing
– Bass Division –
An angler can submit 3 bass (any bass species). The sum of the length of an angler’s 3 bass is the score. Once again, The highest score wins.
$100 HOOK1 Gift Card
– Biggest Fish –
Didn’t catch a slam or 3 bass? Anglers can still submit a single fish. The biggest (longest length) fish wins.
RAM Mounts Prize Package
Even More Ways To Win Great Prizes
Other “fun” prizes will be awarded for:
Smallest Fish | Skunk Award | Top Lady Angler | Youngest Angler | Farthest Distance Traveled